Organise an ESI course
In order for an ESI course to run successfully for the participants, teaching faculty, and course sponsors, we have very specific guidelines which all courses must follow.
The most critical elements include:
- A classroom which is large enough to comfortably seat 30 people at tables and chairs
- A classroom with up-to-date large-screen computer projection equipment, including DVD with a good sound/speaker system
- Internet connection in the room
- Catering facilities on the premises or near by
- On-site assistance during the course for supply of materials
- On-site assistance in arranging for 2 or 3 persons to be observed during a social interaction (live case) during the course
ESI courses are 3 full days in duration:
- A course can be organised by any appropriate organisation such as an occupational therapy service, a community organisation or a university
- Open to registered occupational therapists or occupational therapy students only
- Maximum of 30 places (no minimum)
- Require TWO certified ESI faculty to facilitate the course (ONE teaching faculty may be available if there are 20 participants or less)
- AMPS UK & Ireland organises the teaching faculty, and the delivery of course materials prior to the start of the course
- The course organisers provide the venue and teaching facilities, including audio visual aids and refreshments.They are also responsible for course advertising, booking of places and administration.